Wednesday, July 21, 2010
Successful Presentations – Thanks to your teeth!
Aria Dental Studio’s location in the heart of the downtown Vancouver business district naturally attracts many business professionals who are concerned about the image they portray to their colleagues and clients. They usually give presentations and attend social functions. Their number one wish is to have a healthy looking, well aligned and bright smile – after all they already know how to dress for success and what’s left visually is their SMILE.
Sometimes people think that it takes a lot of work to correct a smile but the simplest of changes can make a world of a difference. Ask us to simulate your perfect smile! It's complimentary.
Here are some of the most common chief complaints that bring people to Aria Dental Studio:
- Misaligned teeth:
“I feel like people are staring at my protruding fangs”
“ I try to talk without opening my mouth up too much when I give presentations because I feel that people are staring at my crooked teeth – its true you only get one first impression”
- Stained teeth
“ I don’t usually smile, instead I smirk because of the permanent stain on my front teeth”
- Uneven teeth:
“I don’t like the look of my chipped front tooth”
- Missing teeth:
“I feel older now that I have a missing tooth”
- Unhealthy looking smile / “Bad Breath”
“My metallic fillings make my teeth look dirty”
“ My gum recession is making my roots appear, it looks like yellow dirt at the edge of my teeth”
“I am never sure if my breath smells bad or not, sometimes my girlfriend notices it”
The first step that we take is to do a comprehensive exam and smile analysis when patients come in for their exam and cleaning. We then do a smile simulation with the “wish list” in mind. Once the patient is happy with what they see, we can proceed with the treatment(s) as needed.
The methods we employ for smile corrections and achieving healthy looking, aligned and bright smiles can include the following:
- Invisalign: has allowed us to render many beautifully aligned smiles for our patients having to do minimal preparation work on their teeth in a discreet and comfortable manner for the patient
- Zoom Whitening: to remove any tough stains they have and change the smile from a yellow to a bright one
- Porcelain Veneers: to cover any permanent stains not removable by Zoom Whitening
- Composite White Fillings: to replace silver amalgams fillings
- Dental Implants for any missing teeth
- Gum plastic surgery: contouring and gum grafts to correct “gummy smiles” or incorporate more gums for people with gum recession